Don't let summer escape you before making a very short trek to one of these awesome pools and aquatic centers! These suburban park district water play facilities are so nice, well-kept and loads of fun, you will wonder why you didn't go there sooner! There is something for everyone at each of these pools/aquatic centers from babies to teenagers to grandparents. Whether it is a shallow toddler area, family swim hours or high dives, these pools have got every interest and demographic covered. Also, each location has a cafe for lunch or snacks. Their well-kept showers and bathrooms make it super easy to change or even take a shower before heading home. So, grab the sunscreen and enjoy a day at one of these awesome suburban pools/aquatic centers.
Flick Outdoor Aquatic Center
Area: North Suburbs
3600 Glenview Road
Glenview, IL 60025
What: Glenview Park District’s award-winning Flick Outdoor Aquatic Center has a five-pool water park complex with the following:
- A separate fenced-in kiddie area with junior slide and spray play features, perfect for keeping the little ones safe and happy.
- A large zero-depth play pool with interactive spray play features and a tropical garden play structure, a favorite of the younger grade school crowd.
- A high-energy, interactive spray play area with custom-designed water cannon game and two giant water flume slides providing hours of fun for tweens and teens.
- A diving well with two drop slides and a three meter and one meter diving board.
- A 25-yard, eight-lane lap/activity pool where Mom, Dad or the grandparents can swim laps or relax in a special area reserved for adults.
$8 for Residents and $12 for Non-residents 2 years of age and up. $7 for Residents and $12 for Non-residents for Seniors 65 years of age or older.
Roosevelt Outdoor Aquatic Center
Area: North Suburbs
2239 Fir Street
Glenview, IL 60025
Glenview Park District’s award-winning Roosevelt Outdoor Aquatic Center offers the following:
- Zero depth entry of large play pool lets little ones test the water at their own pace.
- Interactive Island features waterfalls, two deep water drop slides and a three meter diving platform to keep the grade schoolers entertained
- Adults and older youngsters can get down to serious swimming in their 5 lane, 25 yard lap activity pool
- There’s plenty of space for lounging and sunning and making new friends
$7 for Residents, $9 for Non-Residents, Children 2 years of age and up. Seniors 65 years of age or older is $6 for Residents and $9 for Non-Residents.
Oasis Fun Center
Area: Northwest Suburbs
7877 N. Milwaukee Ave.
Niles, IL 60714
What: Oasis Fun Center is a fun little gem close to the city, only about a 10 mile drive. The renovated water park is very well maintained and was re-opened in May 2008, which features a splash pad playground with lots of sprayers and buckets for younger kids, a zero depth wading pool, two diving boards, a drop chute and two water slides. There are 15 minute safety breaks very hour on the hour. Coin operated lockers keep your items safe and secure. Also, clean showers allow the whole family to clean up after a fun day of swimming in the sun!
Cost: Daily entrance rate is $6 for age 3 - 12 for both residents and non-residents. For adults, it is $8 for residents and $11 for non-residents.
Area: West Suburbs
483 Fairview Avenue
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
What: Located in southwest Glen Ellyn, Sunset Pool is a summertime haven in Glen Ellyn. The outdoor, zero-depth pool features a sloping, beach-style entry that is perfect for parents with little ones. Younger children will enjoy the playground in the pool area as well as the sand play area. For older children (and adventurous adults), Sunset Pool offers diving boards and waterslides! The recreation building/bath house includes restrooms, showers and lockers. Snacks are available for purchase at the concession stand.
Cost: Children 3 to 17 years old is $6.25 for residents and $9.75 for non-residents. Adults 18 – 59 years old is $9.25 for residents and $12.75 for non-residents. Seniors 60 years and up is $4.75 for residents and $9.50 for non-residents.
Centennial Park Aquatic Center
Area: South Suburbs
15600 West Avenue
Orland Park, IL 60662
What: Centennial Water Park is a fun and exciting family water park offering a zero-depth pool surrounded by plenty of deck and lawn for lounging and a water play feature for little ones. You'll enjoy using two body speed slides, 328-foot tube slide, 200-foot flume slide, platform cliff jump, and drop slide surrounded by the lazy river, which offers a relaxing ride around bends and under waterfalls. Two picnic and pavilion areas are available for patrons and can also to be reserved for your next party. Sand volleyball courts provide an area to play and the concessions offer snacks, fun food as well as healthy choices. Men, women, and family changing rooms with lockers are available.
Cost: Daily fee for residents is $7 and for non-residents is $14.