Don't let the summer escape you before making a very short trek to these awesome pools and aquatic centers! These suburban park district water play facilities are so nice, well maintained and loads of fun, you will wonder why you didn't go there sooner! There is something for everyone at each of these pools/aquatic centers from babies to teenagers to grandparents. Also, each location has a concession area for lunch or snacks.FLICK OUTDOOR AQUATIC CENTER
3600 Glenview Road
Glenview, IL 60025
847-724-3337www.glenviewparks.orgDaily entrance rate is $8 for age 2 - adult for residents, for non-residents it is $12.
Glenview Park District’s award-winning Flick Outdoor Aquatic Center has a five-pool water park complex with the following:
- A separate fenced-in kiddie area with junior slide and spray play features, perfect for keeping the little ones safe and happy.
- A large zero-depth play pool with interactive spray play features and a tropical garden play structure, a favorite of the younger grade school crowd.
- A high-energy, interactive spray play area with custom-designed water cannon game and two giant water flume slides providing hours of fun for tweens and teens.
- A diving well with two drop slides and a three meter and one meter diving board.
- A 25-yard, eight-lane lap/activity pool where Mom, Dad or the grandparents can swim laps or relax in a special area reserved for adults. ROOSEVELT OUTDOOR AQUATIC CENTER
2239 Fir Street
Glenview, IL 60025
847-724-3337www.glenviewparks.orgDaily entrance rate is $7 for age 2 - adult for residents, for non-residents it is $9.
Glenview Park District’s award-winning Roosevelt Outdoor Aquatic Center offers the following:
- The zero depth entry of our large play pool lets little ones test the water at their own pace.
- Interactive island features waterfalls, two deep water drop slides and a three meter diving platform to keep the grade schoolers entertained.
- Adults and older youngsters can get down to serious swimming in the 5 lane, 25 yard lap activity pool.
- There’s plenty of space for lounging and sunning and making new friendsOASIS FUN CENTER
7877 N. Milwaukee Ave.
Niles, IL 60714
847-967-6648www.niles-parks.orgDaily entrance rate is $6 for age 3 - 12 for both residents and non-residents. For adults, it is $8 for residents and $11 for non-residents.
Oasis Fun Center is very close to the city, only about a 13 mile drive. The renovated water park is very well maintained and was re-opened in May 2008, which features a splash pad with lots of sprayers and buckets for young kids, a zero depth wading pool, two diving boards, a drop chute and two water slides. There are 15 minute safety breaks very hour on the hour.Photo Credit: Glenview Park District
, Niles Park District