This is one of KidTrail's favorite apple pie recipes as it is pretty easy to make and oh so delicious! If you are looking for a classic dessert to serve, this is it. It is perfect for a summer barbecue or holiday party! The recipe was adapted from a popular apple pie recipe found on AllRecipes. We made some tweaks to it to make it the perfect apple pie!Prep:
30 Minutes Bake:
1 Hour INGREDIENTS:
- Store bought 9 inch double crust pie or use your own pie crust recipe
- Half cup unsalted butter
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 Teaspoon cinnamon
- Half Teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 Teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 Teaspoon allspice
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon Corn Starch
- Half cup white sugar
- Half cup packed brown sugar
- 4 Big Red Delicious apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour to form a paste. Add water, white sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, cloves, vanilla, corn starch and bring to a boil.
- Reduce temperature and let simmer.
- Place sliced apples in a bowl and mix apples with half of the sugar liquid
- Place the bottom crust in a glass pan.
- Fill the pan with apples coated with the sugar liquid, mounded slightly.
- Pour half of the remaining sugar and butter liquid over apples
- Cover with crust or create a lattice crust
- Create slits in crust and pour remaining liquid gently over the crust.
- Bake 60 minutes in the preheated oven
- About 5-10 minutes before pie is done, sprinkle top of pie with cinnamon and sugar
- Don’t cut the pie right away. Make sure to let it sit for at least an hour so that it sets properly. For optimal results, let it set for 3 hours before servings. You can always warm it up in a microwave and serve with yummy vanilla ice cream! Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from AllRecipes.com