11/25/2013 10:18:16 PM
This easy Cajun Chicken is super easy and fast to make. Your whole family will be surprised and think you spent many more hours than you actually did in making it. In fact, it really only takes about 5 minutes of prep time and about 15 minutes to actually sear/bake the chicken. It has a little kick so you may want to lessen the spice for the kids.
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Cajun blackening spice
- Olive oil
1) Rinse the chicken breasts in cool water and pat dry with a paper towel.
2) The next step is to flatten the chicken. So, place a large sheet of plastic wrap onto a clean surface and place the chicken breast on top of the plastic wrap. Next, place another large sheet of plastic wrap on top of the chicken breast, and gently pound and flatten to an even 1/4 inch thickness. We like to start from the center of the thickest part, and pound while working outward. This works the best without completely destroying the chicken.
3)Sprinkle a generous amount of Cajun seasoning of your choice on the top side of the flattened chicken. We like Spice Islands Louisiana Style Cajun seasoning.
4) Heat 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Also, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
5) Once the skillet is hot enough, place the chicken in the pan with the seasoned side down. Sear the seasoned side until it is brown, about 3 minutes.
6) While it is being seared, sprinkle a generous amount of Cajun seasoning to the top, the side that does not have any seasoning. If you need to, add more olive oil if the pan gets dry.
7) After 3 minutes or so, flip it over and cook the other side until brown for about 2 minutes.
8) Once both sides have been seared, transfer it to a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until chicken is done and no longer pink in the middle.
comments powered by
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...