12/16/2013 8:00:38 PM
Lime juice is a classic drink served throughout India. You can find it being hawked in the streets of Mumbai to the menus of high end luxury hotels. It's refreshing with a mix of tangy and sweet. But, most of all, it is oh so delicious! Make sure to use fresh limes for optimal flavor. This recipe is a simple and fast method to prepare fresh lime juice.
- Prepare sugar syrup first by simmering a cup of water with 2/3 cup sugar
- Allow sugar to dissolve completely and cool
- Extract juice from 9-10 limes or approx 1 cup of lime juice
- Strain and discard the seeds. Keep aside
- Take a pitcher and add 10 cups of cold water, add the extracted lime juice and cooled sugar syrup and combine
- Add 1 tsp of salt and combine
- If you find it to be less sweet, add more sugar syrup and if it needs to be more tart, add more lime juice
- Serve with ice in tall glasses
Photo Credit: KidTrail
comments powered by
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...