1/30/2016 8:28:41 PM
This potato and artichoke salad is perfect for a summer barbecue, pool party or potluck dinner. It is super easy to make and oh so delicious. It is filled with artichokes and peas in addition to potatoes to give you a well rounded veggie side dish. You can make a light version of this dish by using light mayo.
- 3 lbs. medium red-skinned potatoes, washed and scrubbed
- 1 (10 ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 cup petite green peas
- 3 celery stalks, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 30 minutes. You can check to see if it is done by pricking the potatoes with a fork. If the fork goes in fairly easily, then they are done. Drain and set in the refrigerator to cool.
2. While the potatoes are cooling in fridge, in a separate bowl, mix together the mayo, mustard and olive oil.
3. Cut potatoes into chunks and transfer to a large bowl with the onion, green peas, chopped eggs and artichokes.
4. Pour potato mix into the bowl with dressing. Season potato salad to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Chill for at least 2 hours before serving. Preferably, chill overnight.
comments powered by
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...