7/16/2014 3:55:03 PM
A crisp and light side dish, the Orzo salad is a perfect complement to most dishes. It is super easy to make and tastes and looks so fabulous! This orzo recipe has an abundance of bell peppers and cherry tomatoes to make it a hearty veggie pasta salad. If you want to get the kiddos involved, this is a perfect, easy dish to make together. Feel free to add chopped cucumbers and olives to make it a full Mediterranean style orzo. Enjoy!
1 / 2 LB Orzo
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
2 red bell peppers, chopped
2 yellow bell peppers, chopped
1 / 2 cup basil, finely chopped
4 ounce crumbled feta cheese
FOR LEMON DRESSING:
3 / 4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 / 4 cup fresh lemon juice
Salt and Pepper
1 teaspoon honey
1) Cook orzo in a large pot of salted, boiling water until al dente. Drain and rinse under cold water. Set aside.
2) Drizzle olive oil on chopped bell peppers and bake for 15 minutes at 350.
3) Combine cooked orzo with cherry tomatoes, baked bell peppers and basil in a large bowl and stir to combine.
4) For the lemon dressing: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl, and whisk to combine. Add salt and pepper, adjust to taste.
5) Pour over salad and toss to coat.
6) If you serve chilled, add feta cheese right before serving. Or serve at room temperature.
comments powered by
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...